There are so many different strains of weed out there that it’s impossible to keep track of them all. Blue Dream is just one of the hundreds of types of weed that you can find at your local dispensary.
How do you know if it’s worth buying?
Fortunately, with a lot of research, we’ve gathered everything that there is to know about Blue Dream so you can decide whether or not this is the strain for you.
What Is Blue Dream?
Blue Dream is a hybrid strain of weed that was developed in California. As a sativa-dominant strain, Blue Dream has developed a bit of a reputation as one of the best strains that you can find in the western parts of the Americas.
The strain was created by blending together 2 legendary strains of weed: Blueberry and Haze. Blue Dream smells a bit like Blueberry Kush – an aroma that many people are familiar with.
Blue Dream is a THC-dominant strain containing about 17 percent THC. And with as little as 0.1 percent CBD, this is very popular for its wide range of effects, which we’ll explore next.
What Is Blue Dream Strain Good For?
So what exactly is Blue Dream good for? Well, as it stands, most strains of marijuana are good for a variety of different health problems. Blue Dream is a high-THC strain and whether or not this makes a difference depends on your personal preferences, your sensitivities to weed and your own biochemistry.
For years, medicinal professionals have recognized that weed rich in THC can be useful for treating medical conditions. Weed can be incredibly effective for helping to treat issues like:
- Pain from inflammation, chronic pain, or acute illnesses
- Joint and bone conditions
- Appetite problems and digestive issues
- Chronic conditions like IBS
- Helping people manage conditions like addiction
- Improving mental health conditions
However, recent research has also revealed that CBD – an entirely different cannabinoid – plays a huge factor in the way that marijuana helps to treat these issues.
You probably know a few people who don’t respond well to high-THC weed. It might make them anxious, paranoid, or otherwise uncomfortable. However, in most cases, these people respond perfectly well to CBD.
So, in short, Blue Dream is a fantastic strain for you if you don’t have any problems tolerating THC. If you do, you might want to look for a strain that’s a bit higher in CBD.
How Does Blue Dream Make You Feel?
Blue Dream is a fairly standard high-THC sativa dominant strain of marijuana. This means that it will make you feel fairly energized, both mentally and physically. It will promote clarity of thought in people who are not hypersensitive to THC.
During the winding down phase, you will likely feel very relaxed and your mind will start to slow down. However, Blue Dream is not known for being a sedative-like some other strains of high CBD weed. In fact, it can be quite stimulating and encourage people to get things done.
As such, Blue Dream is a fairly popular strain for people who need to medicate during the day.
Does Blue Dream Get You High?
Absolutely! Blue Dream is a no-nonsense, straight THC strain of weed offering a fairly strong 17 percent THC. If you are planning to use Blue Dream for recreational purposes, then you’ll have no issues getting high.
However, if you are planning to use Blue Dream to medicate and don’t want to experience any of the psychoactive effects of marijuana, you’ll probably want to find a strain that’s higher in CBD and lower in THC.
What Strain is Like Blue Dream?
While many people will tell you that Blue Dream is unique, there are a number of strains that are similar in terms of their chemical makeup.
- The first two strains that come to mind are Haze and Blueberry, the two strains that led to the creation of Blue Dream in the first place.
- Blueberry also contains a THC content of 17 percent – the same as Blue Dream. It is known for being mentally stimulating and providing similar effects. Blueberry is primarily an Indica.
- Haze is just the tiniest bit stronger, offering 18 percent THC. Haze is a Sativa, and as such tends to be more physically stimulating and energizing than Blueberry.
- Sour Diesel is a similar strain with a THC content of 19%. It’s known for being a bit more giggly and uplifting than either Blue Dream or its ancestors. As the name implies, Sour Diesel has a pungent aroma and acts quite powerfully.
Final Thoughts on Blue Dream
There are a huge number of different strains of marijuana. It can be hard to decide which one to choose, let alone which one will provide the best medicinal benefits.
Hopefully this guide has helped you to better understand the nature of the Blue Dream strain. If you’re looking to find medical relief and enjoy the psychoactive effects of marijuana, check out the TopShelf store for the full range of flower.